I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status September 14, 2018 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 273 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 150 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 147 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 121 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 86 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 85 votes/mentions
7. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 79 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
8. Kia, “Hero”: 50 votes/mentions
9. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 48 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 21 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 12 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
Which commercial is your #1? Write your answer in the comments, your vote will be included in the ranking!
Current winner is: Bud light “Whassup”/"Wasabi" with 273 votes/positive mentions - for more details see the description text below the video - next ranking update coming, you can post your vote anytime, thanks to everybody who joined in and left a comment!
I'm glad you liked it! This commercial was the reason I started making this video, I simply wanted to have it - the message of luxury coming from an underdog likened to the Matrix uprising in combination with blockbuster effects, high level classical music and so on ... it's just spot-on!
The funniest commercial I ever saw was a local one in Boston. It was for a Datsun as the Red Sox bullpen car bringing a "Yankee" relief pitcher during the game and him talking to the driver (who worked for the Sox). It was broadcast during a Red Sox game in 1978 on WSBK when the Sox had a big lead in the division and an all-star lineup. Can't describe the whole commercial for you but I never saw it again, and as we all know, the Sox collapsed to the Yankees. Can't find it on YouTube either.
I wanted to help you, so I google/youtubed it, without success. There are a lot of old Datsun commercials, also from these years, but none have to do with baseball. But I found a page with lots of old Datsun commercials, maybe you are interested and take a look at it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTw_ccDUA_B3j12rt-dPZNqTO6f_J2aJh
There are a lot of compilations like this one on YouTube but I have to admit, this one is the best, because the commercials are not just funny, they are witty and provoke a real range of emotions, not just laughter. If I had to vote I would say the VW commercial with the young Darth Vader has to be the best: funny but also awwww-ful cute.
I'm glad you enjoyed my video, thank you very much for your nice comment! Also, thank for your vote, I will include it in the next ranking update - Little Darth Vader is very cute indeed, the boy plays it fantastic, his name is Max by the way. 😁 I did put some work in the video, I wanted to have some variety, contrast, and rhythm in the storytelling, so I appreciate it very much that you noticed that! Also, there some valuable facts in the description text below the video, if you are interested
@Johnnie C. I understand. Well, I tagged the commercials, so maybe you searched for something from Heinz Ketchup to Super Bowl, Volkswagen/Star Wars, Kia/Matrix, Gal Gadot, Whassup, Old Spice, Clash of Clans, Shadow of War, Bud Light, Anheuser-Busch, Doritos or Cinesite with Avengers & Co?
Take between 30 and 60 minutes (and up to 4 hours) before sex; works for about 4 hoursRecommended dose for most men is 50mgs; after that, dosage may go to as high as 100mg, or as low as 25mg, which may be prescribed for men over 65.Quickly absorbed by the body, less effective after a high-fat meal, and best taken on an empty stomach. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Comparison Chart Compare Viagra, Cialis, Levitra
Take 1 hour before sex; works for 4 to 5 hours, and may be slightly more effective than ViagraStarting dose for most men is 10mgs a day, but men over 65 often start on the 5mg pill.Can be taken with or without food, although slightly less effective after a high-fat meal. Avoid anything containing grapefruit juice; it may make side effects worse. Cialis New Viagra for femalesAchat Cialis sans ordonnanceWhat if a woman took CialisGeneric Cialis cheapest priceBuy Viagra for cheapHow does Viagra worksViagra delivery UKCialis works goodFree Viagra order online Comes in two forms. The daily pill stays effective in between doses, but may take 4 to 5 days before it begins working. The “weekender” version of Cialis can start working in as little as 30 minutes for men who take the highest dose of the drug (20mgs); it stays effective in the body for up for 36 hours.Daily pill comes in both a 2.5mg and 5mg tablet; most men start with the lower dose. The use-as-needed, “weekender” pill comes in 5, 10 and 20mg strengths; recommended starting dose is 10mg,Can be taken with or without food. Avoid heavy drinking (5 glasses of wine or 5 shots of whiskey); when combined with Cialis, it can lead to headaches, dizziness, an increase in heart rate, and a drop in blood pressure.